Published: Thursday, 13 July 2017 17:20
The County of Cardston has a fire advisory. In the Town of Magrath fires are permitted provided they are in a contained fire pit. Make sure your fires are not large, all burnable debris is removed from surrounding areas and that you have water on hand.
Items you should not burn:
- Treated or painted lumber.
- Lumber products containing glue or resin.
- Wet or unseasoned wood.
- Leaves, brush or yard waste.
- Rubber, tires and plastic.
- Any animal carcass or part thereof.
Please take these items to our landfill and place in appropriate location.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Published: Thursday, 06 July 2017 22:26
Published: Thursday, 06 July 2017 22:25
The Town and Fish and Wildlife strongly discourage the feeding of wildlife for the following reasons listed on the Fish and Wildlife website:
Never feed wildlife. Wildlife feeding on food from people and human-use areas not only prevents wildlife from getting nutrition from natural food sources, it teaches wildlife to associate people with food. This can lead to problematic, even dangerous, situations that may result in human injury and/or wildlife being destroyed.
Never approach wildlife. It may be stressful for wildlife when someone enters their territory. Over time, wildlife can become accustomed to people, increasing the risk of negative human-wildlife encounters. Always respect the "personal space" of wildlife to help them stay wild. Also keep in mind that bats, skunks and foxes are carriers of rabies and, if seen acting oddly, must be avoided, even if your intention is to help.
Also watch out for the occasional cougar which passes through our community.
Published: Tuesday, 04 July 2017 14:47
The Town of Magrath is seeking applications for one full time labourer position to work in a team environment and will be responsible for duties as directed by the Operations Manager. Duties would include assisting with maintenance and operation of all Town-owned facilities, including waste transfer station, water and sewer lines, roads and parks. There is some crossover work with the associated Parks and Recreation Department as needed.
Preferred Qualifications include:
1. An understanding of the mechanical function of machinery and equipment associated with municipal operations;
2. Construction and maintenance knowledge of roads, sidewalks and other related municipal infrastructure;
3. Class 3 driver’s license;
4. Willingness to work in a team environment and perform other duties as required;
5. The applicant must be willing to participate in on-call rotations as required.
Read more ...
Published: Wednesday, 28 June 2017 22:02
Here is a map below. Red is our current and yellow is proposed expansion.
Council is considering change to the No Animal Zone and are requesting feedback on the proposed no animal zone expansion.