Published: Wednesday, 18 October 2017 16:28
The Town of Magrath is seeking applications for one full time labourer position to work in a team environment and will be responsible for duties as directed by the Operations Manager. Duties would include assisting with maintenance and operation of all Town-owned facilities, including waste transfer station, water and sewer lines, roads and parks. There is some crossover work with the associated Parks and Recreation Department as needed.
Preferred Qualifications include:
1. An understanding of the mechanical function of machinery and equipment associated with municipal operations;
2. Construction and maintenance knowledge of roads, sidewalks and other related municipal infrastructure;
3. Class 3 driver’s license;
4. Willingness to work in a team environment and perform other duties as required;
5. The applicant must be willing to participate in on-call rotations as required.
Please submit your resume, including references, to the undersigned. We would like to thank all applicants who express interest in this position. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date is November 3 @ 5:00 p.m.
Send resumes via mail or email to:
Published: Tuesday, 17 October 2017 17:27
As part of the flood mitigation and drainage project that is currently underway on our community’s northern boundary, our north entrance on Highway 62 will be temporarily closed for several days for related construction purposes. This major road will be closed on Wednesday, October 18th and is currently expected to reopen the morning of Tuesday, October 24th. We apologize for any inconvenience caused, and will keep you posted on any changes to this schedule. Please use alternative entrances/exits.