Ridge Regional Public Safety Services provides Municipal Bylaw investigations and Traffic Enforcement/Education to the Towns of Raymond, Magrath, Milk River, Village of Stirling and County of Warner No5.
The Sergeant Community Peace Officer will work in a team environment along with two other Peace Officers, reporting to the RRPSS commission. The successful candidate will be responsible for the operational and administrative duties for RRPSS including supervising the Two Community Peace Officers. Included with the supervisory duties the successful candidate will be responsible for scheduling shifts, training, reviewing reports and enforcing Municipal By-laws and Provincial Statutes as approved by Alberta Justice and Solicitor General. Including other duties as directed by the RRPSS Commission.
This position will incorporate shift work, including evenings, weekends and statutory holidays.
The successful candidate should possess the following minimum qualifications:
• Excellent organization, oral and written communication skills
• Knowledge and experience in By-law Enforcement, Provincial Legislation, Commercial Vehicle Weight Enforcement and Traffic Enforcement
• Currently have/able to obtain an appointment by the Alberta Solicitor General as a Community Peace Officer
• Successful completion of the PARE/COPAT fitness test within the prescribed time and within the past 6 months
• a minimum of 5 years policing experience and/or Minimum 10 Years of experience as a Community Peace Officer in a supervisory role.
• be proficient with MOVES/ROADS and Microsoft Office computer programs
• possess a valid class 5 operator’s license
• Standard First Aid
• Valid Firearms License Possession - Acquisition
As a condition of employment, the candidate must provide a RCMP security clearance, drivers abstract and successfully complete an Enhanced Security/Reliability screening.
The ideal candidate will have specialized training in speed radar, speed laser, the use of a defense baton, O.C. spray, and a working knowledge of Alberta Provincial Statutes.
This position offers a competitive salary range. Salary will commensurate with experience and qualifications. A comprehensive benefit plan including Local Authorities Pension Plan is included.
Closing date for this position will be February 16th, 2018 at 16:30 hrs. All applicants are thanked for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Resumes and references should be forwarded to:
Attn: Sgt Rod Tilson
. Ridge Regional Public Safety Services
Town of Raymond
Ridge Regional Public Safety Services
PO Box 629
15 Broadway, South,